Is your web site working for you?
When your website was designed, it probably did the bare minimum of what a website can do. We recommend re-visiting the functionality of your website every 3 months. When you work with a web developer, you will find there are maintenance packages for websites, which are created to keep you on a budget while increasing the functionality of your site. There are a few rules for websites, and here they are:
- The content needs to change in order for you to maintain a higher page ranking in the search engines.
- Websites are a brochure that make the first impression for many people that see your company; it better look good.
- Simple Search Engine Optimization techniques need to be applied and modified based on the changes in how search engines track sites. At least change the keywords, page titles, alt tags on images periodically, and use some cross-linking to other sites.
- They are vulnerable; make sure that you have your site tested for SQL injection and server side scripting.
- Work with a professional web designer for better results. You could build a site yourself for less, however, it will not have the functionality you need and you could have made more money doing your job.
If you would like to know if your website is working for you, email us at email@example.com and we will take a look.